Friday, January 29, 2010

A Conversation with Olivia

On Thursday, I brought home a few mini chocolate donuts from my Grandma's house. Hoping Olivia wouldn't notice them, I casually tossed the baggie onto the kitchen counter. Olivia did notice...

Olivia: Chocolate donuts peez.
Me: We have chocolate donuts? Where? I don't see any chocolate donuts.
Olivia: Right there! (Pointing to the kitchen counter where I threw them, behind a box
of baggies.)
Me: You think you need a chocolate donut for snack?
Olivia: Yes peez.
Me: Well we better ask Papa and see if you have been good today.

So Olivia takes off, looking for Papa and shouting out his name, sounding something like this,
"Papa! Chocolate donuts peez! Papa!"

She finally finds him, and I encourage her to ask Papa if she can have a donut for a snack.

Olivia: Papa,
Papa: Yes, Olivia?
Olivia: Chocolate donuts peez.
Papa: You want chocolate donuts?
Olivia: Yes peez.
Papa: Why do you want chocolate donuts?
Olivia: They taste good.

Chris and I proceed to smile and giggle. How do you argue with "They taste good" when you know it to be so true!?

0 comments: