Monday, September 15, 2008

Investing in the future...

A couple of weeks ago, I found a deal I just couldn't pass up. We bought a piano for only $100!! The gentleman who owned it, stripped it and restained it. He replaced the ivory keys and something on the inside (I couldn't tell you what it is called). It is absolutely beautiful and sounds pretty good. The hammers eventually need to be replaced and it will need to be tuned, but it works great for now. I am thrilled we bought this. Chris has such an ear for music and loves tinkering around. When Liv gets upset and we just can't calm her down, we head to the front room. I hold her close and rock her while Chris plays a tune. It seems to help. Chris really wants to take lessons or at the very least teach himself chords and the proper way to play. My hope is that Olivia has her dad's musical abilities and will take piano lessons when she is old enough. Here are a few pictures of father and daughter making music together:






1 comments:

Jackie said...

What a great find. Some of my favorite memories of my Grandmother are playing the piano at her house. I could only play one tune, but she taught it to me and I played it over and over again.