Thursday, December 31, 2009

First Playdate at Play World

In November, Olivia and I met up with one of our friends and her little girl for a play date at Play World. Play World is a large indoor play area for kids. They have arcade games, an inflateable slide, maze, and bounce house, 2 separate climbing areas with various ball pits and slides, kiddie cars, and every Little Tykes play house that was ever created. The girls had a great time, and Olivia enjoyed most everything....

Oliva (in the pink car) and Rachel (in the red car) had a great time just driving around.

Then they explored many of the climbing structures and play houses. Olivia really seemed to enjoy playing in this one!

The big ball pit was a favorite. There were 2 others the girls played in (designed more for younger kids like them), but this was the best because it was bigger and had more balls!

Even though they didn't play any arcade games, Rachel and Olivia really enjoyed climbing in and out of the cars (you know, the ones that cost money to make them go).


The slide wasn't a favorite. I had finally convinced Olivia to climb around like Rachel was, but then she got scared when she couldn't see me any more. I pointed out how she could go down the slide to get to me, but she wasn't crazy about that either!

The bounce house, however, quickly became a favorite!
We really had a great time at Play World, but I'm hoping the more often I can take her the more likely she will be to go off and explore on her own. Right now, I would say she is not the adventurous type!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

I haven't heard of Play World. What city? Looks awesome.