Sunday, December 30, 2007

The new addition to the Fleck Family




Amy and I welcomed Olivia Grace Fleck to the world on December 29, 2007. She was delivered at 9:43pm and clocked in at 6 lbs, 12 Oz and 21" Long.

Amy's water broke around 7pm on the 29th, a full 2-days prior to her scheduled C-section. Oddly, we were trying to figure out if she just ahd to pee or if it was her water that broke. We called the doctor and he said that since we had a scheduled C-Section on Monday, to go ahead and go to the hospital to get checked out. If it ended up being nothing, we could still do the section on Monday. Well, after some tests, we found out that her water did break.

She was prepped for a c-section and I was allowed to get in scrubs and be in the room which was cool. And for those of you guys out there, YES I did look over the curtain as she was born and NO I did not collapse. :)

Both Olivia and Amy are doing fantastic. Amy is recovering still recovering somewhat from the anesthesia, but is doing fine. She wanted me to pass this message along to everyone:

Thank you everyone for your continued support and prayers. I know that Olivia is looking forward to meeting all of you. If you want to come to the hospital, it look like I will be here through January 1. Visiting hours are from 11am to 8:30pm. We are at St. Mary's Hospital, 9th floor, room 917.

Olivia is a true grace from God. She is so beautiful.


Until later with better pictures.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, Congratulations!! She is beautiful :) I really wish I could come visit you guys at the hospital, but unfortunately I've been sick since Christmas and I do NOT want to pass this on! Craig and I will be over with dinner very soon though. We're so happy for you all!

JoRaceFan said...

Congratulations of the New Bundle in the Fleck Family!! Olivia looks like her mother. We would love to visit but will give you couple of weeks to settle in a routine.
Congrats, Joann, Carlya & Camryn

Anonymous said...

Hey Fleck Family,
Congrats on your beautiful new addition!!! Olivia is absolutely beautiful! We hope to be by soon to meet her. I have also been a little under the weather, so it's best I wait until I know I'm better. See you soon!
Love,
Rick and Karen Grzesiak!