Thursday, December 13, 2007





Well, my angel is sleeping under the tree. I had to take this one as she looked so cute. This Christmas will have fewer decorations out because of all of the preperation for the new child. We did, however, want to put the tree and the nativity up to make it feel like Christmas. Here is a picture of the tree:



Well, Amy and I got a call from the doctor's office regarding the baby being breeched. Long story short, we saw the OB/GYN today and decided that the best thing to do for the baby and Amy is to try a version. In a nutshell, the doctors will try to turn the baby by hand. She has an appointment Monday morning at 7am to have the procedure done. The nice thing is that the procedure is done in the hospital so if anything should go wrong, they can do an emergency C-section. The OB said that they do not perform the procedure until the baby is at least 37 weeks along which Amy will be this upcoming Sunday. Apparently the procedure works in about 60-70% of the cases so it's pretty much a flip of the coin. If the baby does not turn, then they would schedule a c-section at 39 weeks which would put it near new year's eve.

In any case, we keep praying that all goes well. My thing is that I want to have the best for Amy and the baby. I'll try to update you all on Monday. Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I wanted to let you know that we will be praying for you on Monday. I know what it feels like to have a doctor try and turn your baby. I will not give you any details. The only thing that I will tell you is that they ended up taking Alexis c-section. Anyway we will pray that all goes well and that if the baby is meant to be turned then it will turn.

Anonymous said...

Your angel under the tree is adorable !!! I am confident that all will be fine and baby will be in your arms in short while. There will be many little worries in the days and years ahead. These mold you into the wonderful parents that we know you all will be. All our Love and prayers. Deb and Phil

Anonymous said...

I am so excited and happy for you both that your journey is coming to an end. I will be praying that all goes well on Monday. Looking forward to seeing you in early January!

Jackie said...

The picture of Amy under the tree is beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. I haven't seen her in so long. I hope to schedule a time to come see you guys.