Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So sorry....

Ok, I am hoping that all of our friends and family haven't given up on us and our blog! I haven't forgotten about updating this, but my the evening when I can do this I am too tired! Let me try to give you an update as to what has been going on with the Fleck family since May (wow that is a long time...)

Well, to begin, Chris is back at work with Dematic. He was offered a contract job in June. It is a 6 month contract doing AutoCad programming. It is a job and it is helping to pay the bills, but there is no guarantee that this will turn into permanent employment. But it is a job, and in Michigan, that is all that matters. His photography business, Fallen Leaf Studios, is doing pretty good right now. Chris photographed a wedding in March, did 1 Senior pictures session about a month ago, has another one on Thursday, has done so "head shots" for a friend's daughter who does acting, and just booked a wedding for October. I am very proud of him! I really hope photography will take off for him.

On July 17, I became officially licensed for hoome day care! Busy Bees Day Care is officially open. I have an 18 month old who comes 4 days a week, a 6 month old who comes twice a week (starting at 6:15 AM!), and another 2 1/2 year old who is coming only once a week now. I just received a message from someone asking about care for their 2 month old, so we will have to see where that goes. I have created a lot of the forms that I need (contract, various permission forms, etc.) and I am currently writing my parent handbook. Sometime within the next 60 days, the state will come out and inspect our home to make sure I am in compliance like I said I was with all of their rules. Just a few odd and end things to wrap up before that (blind cords, hang fire extinguishers, wood chips under the swingset, removing brush outside, securing a toy "shelf" to the wall...). I am feeling really good about this and feel like it was the right thing to do.

Olivia is growing by leaps and bounds! Her biggest news is that she is now potty trained! We started concentrating on it beginning Mother's Day and by mid to end July she had it down! She talks up a storm (gee, where did she get that?) and loves asking questions. She wants to know what different words mean all of the time! We also signed her up for gymnastics. She started with a 3 week summer class (really the last 3 weeks of one that was already running) just to see if she likes it. She doesn't like it...she LOVES it! When I watch her "coach" (which is just a high school student right now) I really have to set aside the teacher in me, but that is another story all by itself. :)

So in a nutshell, that is what the Fleck family has been up too. We haven't gone on any big vacations because we are saving up and hoping to go see our North Carolina family this fall/winter. We have been busy with little excursions here and there, so those are the pictures that I will be sharing with you....better late than never? Anyway, thanks for understanding and not giving up on us. We love you all!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

A contract job for Chris is great news! Helps the pocketbook and self esteem! Hope the daycare and photography continue to do great!