Thursday, May 27, 2010

Planting Flowers

Last week, one of the moms that I babysit for, donated some flower seeds and little pots so the girls could plant flowers and watch them grow. We finally had a nice day where we could head outside and get those seeds planted. The girls really seemed to have fun with it and I hope they don't lose interest since it will take awhile for the plants to actually appear. Regardless, what a great thing for the girls to experience!

Olivia looking on as Rachel pours dirt in her pot.

Digging out more dirt...

Now Olivia is concentrating on scooping out her dirt.

I showed Rachel and Olivia how small the flower seeds are that they are planting.

Olivia takes a turn watering her flowers after filling the pot with more dirt.

Oops...a little too much water!

And now we wait...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy - you never cease to amaze me! The teacher in you is always shining through! Who else would have had the patience to let 2 little 2 year old girls plant their own flowers seeds in cups in order to watch them grow? Only the pre-school teacher!!

Love you!
Mom

Jackie said...

I love getting kids involved in gardening. My kids love to watch seeds grow. There favorite is tomato plants. THey have eaten more green tomatoes than I can count.