Sunday, May 9, 2010

Game Night

One night before bed, I thought I'd see how Olivia liked playing some games that I recently picked up for her at some sales. First we played Winnie the Pooh Candy Land...

It took a litle while for me to set it up, but once I did Olivia seemed to have some understanding on how to play it. Ok, she could tell me the colors, but then I'd show her where to put her piece. Pretty soon, all the characters were on the board and moving wherever she wanted them to go!!
So then she decided she was done with Candy Land.

Olivia did better than I expected with Memory. As you can see, we only started out with part of the cards and I put them face up for her. Then I asked her to find a present, for example. She'd pick that picture up, then I'd ask her to see if she could find another picture of a present. She caught on to this game pretty quickly. Gradually, I could add more pieces and she just cruised through them. I was thrilled to find out that Olivia really enjoys playing games (even if it is for a short amount of tme.)

0 comments: